Brief Introduction : Do you have super fast broadband connection at home and you want to share Internet from your Computer with your Laptops, Mobile Smartphone, tablets, media player, e-reader and even to the nearby friends then it may be worth inducting a virtual router manager application to your Windows 8, Windows 7 and 2008 R2.
Now, tell how many devices do you have at home? I have five Wi –Fi devices running at my home – my tablet, my smart phones, my laptop and my brothers gadgets (I Pad, IPod and Android Mobile Phones). Presently, I am using the Smartphone that have the ability to connect Internet without a Wi-Fi Connection. It’s really hassle to me not having a wireless router, due to the fact If I were in someplace that only offered a plug-in connection then it would be luckless with all these devices.
It is not the case with Virtual Router Manager; an indispensable windows application turns any Windows 7 and Windows 8 Computers in to a Wi-Fi Hotspot using a Wireless Hosted Network technology. Virtual Router Manager Application is easy to use, really simple setup and it works so well. Just need a Installation of virtual router application in your laptop to create a Wireless Hotspot secure connection and now it is ready- to- use.
Virtual Router Manager is networking software allows you to share internet connection (Wi-Fi, LAN Cable, Cable Modem, Remote Dial-up, Cellular, etc.) with Laptops, Smart phones, iPod Touch, Android Phone, and other devices wirelessly. A virtual router is a Connectify Hotspot that creates a secured connection from WPA2 (the most secure wireless encryption.) which enables you to transform your PC into a real Wi-Fi hotspot. Using this application you don’t need a router to connect your wireless devices and your computer itself turns in to wireless access point acts like Wi-Fi router. Of course, the virtual router manager software for computers is entirely free of charge with no upgrading charges and your program completely runs with no ads.
Virtual Router Manager from Chris Pietschmann is written entirely in C# and the software has been licensed as Open Source to provide wireless router functionality on your Windows 7 OS and Windows Server 2008 using Wireless Hosted Network technology.
The Wi-Fi Hotspot Create/Share with Virtual Router uses WPA2 Encryption, and there is no way to turn off that encryption due to the feature Wireless Hosted Network API’s built into Windows 7 and 2008 R2 in order to safeguard the best security possible and it makes your Hotspot Wi-Fi network more secure.
Especially Virtual Router Manager application can be downloaded inexpensively or even for free. After downloading this freeware, a simple virtual router which installs quickly then asks to setup a password of 8 Minimum at least and creates a wireless hotspot. Now you are ready to share your network and this program shows the peers connected, IP addresses and hostnames. The interface of this application is also simple, there is a big start and stop buttons which makes it easy and quick to connect and disconnect in a just click.
Establishing a virtual wireless router extends the wireless Internet signals in homes or offices to a computer that’s just outside the coverage of your main wireless router. You can also use it for the purpose to create a multiple device Internet access from a single computer at a hotel or Wi-Fi hotspot and share it with other people or nearby friends. Additionally, you also have a mobile wireless router in case you want to share files with other people or devices, in the car, at a café, in a meeting, anywhere.
In a point of fact, virtual router manager is a open source program coded in a way that this cannot be altered without modifying the program, so you cannot offer a Wi-Fi hotspot without WPA2 encryption protocol. To create a new connection you just need to give a name for your network (or SSID) that you like and a minimum password key of 8 characters or greater for the encryption package.
A quick tutorial to Create a Virtual Wi-Fi hotspot on Windows computers :
- Just Connect to the Internet connection (wired or wireless).
- Install and Run Virtual Router Manager Software.
- Give a desired network name and minimum 8 character password at least.
- Under Shared Connection, choose the connection to which you’ve connected in the very first step.
- Then, Click on ‘Start Virtual Router’ Button.
- Now your Computer turns in to Wi-Fi enabled Windows machine.
Virtual Router Review:
Turning your PC in to Wi-Fi Hotspot has many advantages; the main advantage of virtual router manager is that, it’s a lighter and smaller version and also a portable application. Using this portable application you can create a Wireless Hotspot in any location you want, Else you can change it and take your laptop to any place with adjusting positions.
Get rid from using a Wired Internet Connection and get in to Wireless Wi-Fi Connection. This actually means, if you are using your internet through a wired connection and your router is without Wi-Fi, Virtual Router Manager application changes your PC’s to Wi-Fi Router. Connect the Wireless router to your computer using Ethernet Cable then just install a ready setup of virtual router manager application. Now all your devices are started Wi-Fi running using Hotspot without a Wireless modem.
Another most important use of Virtual Router. Using this application you can connect internet to number of devices (Smart Phones, Tablets, and Computers having a Wi-Fi feature) and access them from Wi-Fi Hotspot area.
On the top of that, it’s a ready-to-use open source software a Windows application available for free of cost.
One of the most common error of virtual router manager is (The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation) that you will get using this software. Yeah, they are plenty of reasons to occur this error and you have a several fixes. So, you need to go for troubleshooting the software and explore additional options because you don’t know which one is working for you, so keep trying to resolve this error.
Tryout the most important steps you should take to open virtual router software without the above error:
– First step, Check for the latest version of wireless adapter drivers. You will have this in the Windows Device Manager tab under Network Adapters.
– Second step, Test and make sure the hosted network is running, In order to run this, press the start button, open ‘Run’ then type cmd and this opens a Command Prompt Window (need administrator permission.) appears a window, type in cmd window (: netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow)
– Then continue to check in case if the Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter is ON. You can locate it under the Network Adapters section in the Windows Device Manager tab. Make a Double-click on it and this Properties window will open in pop-up. In the case, a Device Status you will see the message that : “This device is disabled (Code 22). Click on Enable Device to make enable the device.” that means it was not running and you do need to enable it.
– If the previous step didn’t working for you, in such case there is a “Microsoft hotfix” available for a common problem that can occur on computers running under Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2.